20 August – 19 NovemberAustralian Muslim Artists 2021 ExhibitionNovember 19, 2021Virtual exhibition remains on view
No Added Sugar exhibition
- Fatima Killeen becomes first woman to win Muslim art prize
- Fatima Killeen – one of the country’s most highly regarded Muslim artists is the recipient of the Australian Muslim Artists Art Prize 2021.
- Collision exhibition reviewed in the Canberra Times by Sasha Grishin
- Fatima Killeen – Printing the collograph plate “No to War”
- Opening of the Collision exhibition by Fatima Killeen in the City News
- SBS Arabic 24 interviews Fatima about her new exhibition “Collision”
- Collision article by Muhammad Bakir in Watanpress newspaper
Read articles & reviews
National Museum of Australia
Moroccan Mile Markers
Faith, Fashion, Fusion
Islamic Museum of Australia
- Arabic calligraphy
- Australia Council for the Arts
- Australian Muslim Women's Art Project
- Australian War Memorial
- book exhibition
- Casula Powerhouse Arts Centre
- Fatima Killeen
- High fashion
- Human Rights Commission
- Islamic Museum of Australia
- Moroccan art
- Moroccan explorer
- Muslim Women
- National Museum of Australia
- No Added Sugar
Category Archives: Mixed media
Canberra City News – Helen Musa CLICK HERE to read the article
Fatima Killeen – one of the country’s most highly regarded Muslim artists is the recipient of the Australian Muslim Artists Art Prize 2021.
The collograph print titled ‘The Crooked Narrative’ fuses images of a pomegranate and a hand grenade. La Trobe University Vice-Chancellor Professor John Dewar AO, said the University is committed to supporting initiatives such as the Australian Muslim Artists Art Prize … Continue reading
“Serene beauty and urgent tone have a powerful message” Read the review HERE or CLICK on the image below.
Fatima Killeen’s new solo exhibition is only a few days away and SBS Radio has aired an interview to discuss Collision – Conflict of Sacred Realities, opening at the Belconnen Arts Centre next week. CLICK HERE or on the SBS … Continue reading
The Collision exhibition opening is at 6pm on Friday 6 September at the Belconnen Arts Centre gallery and runs for 2 months until late October.
In January 2018, Fatima was recorded in an interview in Arabic discussing her work, art awards and the acquisition of her artworks by a number of Australian institutions. Click on the image below to listen to the SBS Radio Arabic … Continue reading
Over the years I have often been asked to comment on international and national current affairs. Film crews and reporters visit my home for various stories or content for documentaries. I have even been filmed preparing Moroccan food for several overseas cooking shows … Continue reading
Last week the Islamic Museum of Australia invited me to Melbourne to talk at the inaugural Islamic Arts Symposium and attend the Gala Ball on Sunday evening . I spoke about my work and how art affects change by expressing our concerns … Continue reading
Fatima Killeen and Benita Tunks in front of the ‘The shroud has no pockets’ and ‘Awakening of an old flame 1 & 2’.
Our latest group exhibition “Sacred” opened last night at the M16 Gallery in Canberra. There was a good turnout for the opening and Dr Stephanie Dowrick flew down from Sydney as our guest speaker. The exhibition was curated by the very hard-working Benita Tunks. The … Continue reading