20 August – 19 NovemberAustralian Muslim Artists 2021 ExhibitionNovember 19, 202156 days to go.
No Added Sugar exhibition
- Fatima Killeen becomes first woman to win Muslim art prize
- Fatima Killeen – one of the country’s most highly regarded Muslim artists is the recipient of the Australian Muslim Artists Art Prize 2021.
- Collision exhibition reviewed in the Canberra Times by Sasha Grishin
- Fatima Killeen – Printing the collograph plate “No to War”
- Opening of the Collision exhibition by Fatima Killeen in the City News
- SBS Arabic 24 interviews Fatima about her new exhibition “Collision”
- Collision article by Muhammad Bakir in Watanpress newspaper
Read articles & reviews
National Museum of Australia
Moroccan Mile Markers
Faith, Fashion, Fusion
Islamic Museum of Australia
- Arabic calligraphy
- Australia Council for the Arts
- Australian Muslim Women's Art Project
- Australian War Memorial
- book exhibition
- Casula Powerhouse Arts Centre
- Fatima Killeen
- High fashion
- Human Rights Commission
- Islamic Museum of Australia
- Moroccan art
- Moroccan explorer
- Muslim Women
- National Museum of Australia
- No Added Sugar
Category Archives: Australia
Fatima Killeen – one of the country’s most highly regarded Muslim artists is the recipient of the Australian Muslim Artists Art Prize 2021.
The collograph print titled ‘The Crooked Narrative’ fuses images of a pomegranate and a hand grenade. La Trobe University Vice-Chancellor Professor John Dewar AO, said the University is committed to supporting initiatives such as the Australian Muslim Artists Art Prize … Continue reading
“Serene beauty and urgent tone have a powerful message” Read the review HERE or CLICK on the image below.
Fatima working in her printing studio at home.
The French community magazine, Canberra en Français, highlighted my work in their latest issue. The article in French and English outlines my art practice, the techniques behind my work and also includes photographs taken in my home studio. CLICK on … Continue reading
In January 2018, Fatima was recorded in an interview in Arabic discussing her work, art awards and the acquisition of her artworks by a number of Australian institutions. Click on the image below to listen to the SBS Radio Arabic … Continue reading
A short video about my art produced for AwacerTV in Morocco
In an article accompanying the Australia Wide video story “When art and culture collide” ABC reporter Karen Percy talks with Fatima about her art and politics. Like many Australian Muslims, the Moroccan-born artist is worried about Islamophobia aimed at ordinary Muslims who … Continue reading
Over the years I have often been asked to comment on international and national current affairs. Film crews and reporters visit my home for various stories or content for documentaries. I have even been filmed preparing Moroccan food for several overseas cooking shows … Continue reading
I talked about the new Islamic Museum of Australia in my previous post – here is a link to an audio clip of the ABC Radio program The Spirit of Things with Dr Rachael Kohn. In the program Rachael talks about … Continue reading
Across the last few years my work has been displayed at museums in Canberra, Sydney and Melbourne. Two large works along with my life story and other personal items have been on permanent display at the National Museum’s Australian Journeys exhibition since the exhibit opened in 2009. One of the works, … Continue reading