20 August – 19 NovemberAustralian Muslim Artists 2021 ExhibitionNovember 19, 2021Virtual exhibition remains on view
No Added Sugar exhibition
- Fatima Killeen becomes first woman to win Muslim art prize
- Fatima Killeen – one of the country’s most highly regarded Muslim artists is the recipient of the Australian Muslim Artists Art Prize 2021.
- Collision exhibition reviewed in the Canberra Times by Sasha Grishin
- Fatima Killeen – Printing the collograph plate “No to War”
- Opening of the Collision exhibition by Fatima Killeen in the City News
- SBS Arabic 24 interviews Fatima about her new exhibition “Collision”
- Collision article by Muhammad Bakir in Watanpress newspaper
Read articles & reviews
National Museum of Australia
Moroccan Mile Markers
Faith, Fashion, Fusion
Islamic Museum of Australia
- Arabic calligraphy
- Australia Council for the Arts
- Australian Muslim Women's Art Project
- Australian War Memorial
- book exhibition
- Casula Powerhouse Arts Centre
- Fatima Killeen
- High fashion
- Human Rights Commission
- Islamic Museum of Australia
- Moroccan art
- Moroccan explorer
- Muslim Women
- National Museum of Australia
- No Added Sugar
Author Archives: Fatima Killeen
Canberra City News – Helen Musa CLICK HERE to read the article
Fatima Killeen – one of the country’s most highly regarded Muslim artists is the recipient of the Australian Muslim Artists Art Prize 2021.
The collograph print titled ‘The Crooked Narrative’ fuses images of a pomegranate and a hand grenade. La Trobe University Vice-Chancellor Professor John Dewar AO, said the University is committed to supporting initiatives such as the Australian Muslim Artists Art Prize … Continue reading
“Serene beauty and urgent tone have a powerful message” Read the review HERE or CLICK on the image below.
Fatima working in her printing studio at home.
The Friday night opening of Collision: conflict of sacred realities was a great success with a many invited guests filling the Belconnen Arts Centre alongside guests from the Foyer exhibition by artist Christine Scott. The opening speech at Collision by … Continue reading
Fatima Killeen’s new solo exhibition is only a few days away and SBS Radio has aired an interview to discuss Collision – Conflict of Sacred Realities, opening at the Belconnen Arts Centre next week. CLICK HERE or on the SBS … Continue reading
The Collision exhibition opening is at 6pm on Friday 6 September at the Belconnen Arts Centre gallery and runs for 2 months until late October.
Collision: conflict of sacred realities exhibition by Fatima Killeen opens on 6th September at Belconnen Arts Centre
The French community magazine, Canberra en Français, highlighted my work in their latest issue. The article in French and English outlines my art practice, the techniques behind my work and also includes photographs taken in my home studio. CLICK on … Continue reading
In January 2018, Fatima was recorded in an interview in Arabic discussing her work, art awards and the acquisition of her artworks by a number of Australian institutions. Click on the image below to listen to the SBS Radio Arabic … Continue reading